The PDF file contains 4 pages. One title page, one instruction page, game board, and cards.
Game time 7-10 min.
- To reinforce the major key signature concept
- To review the major key signatures with up to 4 accidentals
- Download and save as a PDF file.
- Print PDF in Actual size for the best result.
- Print one game board and a set of blue and green cards.
- Laminate game board page with something like Scotch Thermal Laminator (TL906) (optional).
- Cut cards with a trimmer or use 1.5’ circle punch like Fiskars 174240-1001 Large Circle Squeeze Punch, 1.5 Inch, White.
- game board with a Ferris Wheel
- a die
- set of blue cards
- set of green cards
How to Play
Each player gets a set of the same colour cards with the key signatures written on them, puts it in front. Players roll a die to determine who goes first. The board is placed in the middle. Each passenger car represents a key signature with the accidentals and their total number listed. One player rolls her die, counts the dots, finds a passenger car with the same number of accidentals and covers it with the corresponding key signature card. For example, rolling number 4 will cover a red passenger car with 4 sharps or purple passenger car with 4 flats. When the player rolls 5, one covers the red no-accidentals car with C Major card. When the player rolls 6, she rolls again. Note that you cannot cover the same passenger car more than once. The game ends when all the passenger cars are covered except the passenger car with the number 6.
Winning the Game
The winner is the person who covered most of the passenger cars.